5 WEEKS TO GO UNTIL SEASON 5: 5 QUESTIONS WITH 5 KEY MEMBERS OF VENTURI FORMULA E TEAM
Monaco, Thursday 8 November 2018
With new cars, new cities and new drivers, the forthcoming ABB FIA Formula E Championship promises to be… electrifying! With just 5 weeks to go until Season 5 kicks off, 5 members of VENTURI Formula E Team have been giving their thoughts on the season ahead.
WHAT ARE THE FIVE DECIDING FACTORS THAT INFLUENCED YOUR DECISION TO JOIN VENTURI FORMULA E TEAM?
Felipe MASSA, VENTURI Formula E Team driver:
1. The team’s expertise, great dynamism and the constant commitment to evolving. I saw all of that in my first meetings with Gildo PASTOR and Susie WOLFF.
2. The passion that Gildo PASTOR brings to the table: I have a lot of admiration for this leading visionary who has made VENTURI a pioneering company in the electric automotive field.
3. The opportunity to work with Susie WOLFF: she carries the team with her in her drive onwards and upwards.
4. Representing a Monegasque team: I’m proud to be part of the only team based in Monaco, the world’s motorsport capital.
5. The challenge of joining a team that’s growing fast and has shown potential against the big constructors.
WHICH FIVE CITIES ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO RACING IN?
Edoardo MORTARA, VENTURI Formula E Team driver:
1. Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia: because it will be the first race and will give us an idea of where we are with our performance in relation to the other teams.
2. Marrakesh : simply because the race will take place on my birthday.
3. Santiago du Chili : my wife’s whole family lives there. She will no doubt be there, along with her family.
4. Rome, because I’m Italian!
5. Bern, because I’m Swiss!
WHAT ARE THE TEAM’S FIVE MOST IMPORTANT TARGETS FOR THE COMING SEASON?
Susie WOLFF, Team Principal of VENTURI Formula E Team:
1. Team work: every individual unleashes their best.
2. Passion: we are Venturi. Made in Monaco.
3. Points: score as many of them as possible.
4. Commitment: leaving no stone unturned in our quest for success.
5. Energy: always positive. Always charged.
WHAT ARE THE FIVE BIGGEST CHANGES FOR SEASON FIVE?
Franck BALDET, VENTURI Formula E Team Technical Director:
1. “Attack mode” opens up new strategies. We won’t know how many times we can use it and for how long until race day. This will make for exciting racing!
2. The Gen2 battery has twice the energy for a mass almost identical to the Gen1.
3. The design of the car has been optimised to reduce mass and rolling resistance.
4. The tyres are evolving constantly and need to do twice the distance compared with Gen1.
5. Brake-by-wire disconnects the hydraulic brakes from the electric brakes and optimises energy recovery.
WHAT ARE VENTURI FORMULA E TEAM FIVE BIGGEST ADVANTAGES?
Delphine BISCAYE, Team Manager of VENTURI Formula E Team:
1. Felipe MASSA: with his 15 year career in Formula 1, he brings speed and experience, at the wheel of course, but also in perfecting the cars set up.
2. Edoardo MORTARA: Edoardo is familiar with the specific challenges of this category, knows most of the circuits, has good top speed and reads races well.
3. Susie WOLFF: Susie is committed to driving VENTURI Formula E Team forward fast and well, which encourages every member of the team to push their own limits.
4. Our strength as a team: there are more of us than last season, we’ve been working on optimising the different departments and have now found a good dynamic.
5. Our expertise: with VENTURI Automobiles, we were here 18 years ago when there were few who believed in electric vehicles, this definitely sets us at an advantage.
+33 (0)6 40 61 00 80